Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beginning of Autumn in the Rockies



Made it out into the backcountry over the weekend for the first taste of autumn.  Lena and I did a 12 mile loop through the Buffalo Peaks Wilderness in Pike NF.  Conditions were excellent and we only ran into a few people out for labor day weekend.  Brought my fishing pole but never bothered to cast a line because access was a little difficult without waders.  Nonetheless, I did see plenty of fish and a ton of birds. 



Some of the are aspens beginning to turn yellow depending on the aspect and elevation.



hiking = rodent hunting for Lena.  She never stops.  Ever.




I chose my camp site because of the view, but I probably should have picked something less exposed. 

The fall colors were very noticeable looking down valley in the morning.


And that about wraps it up.

No comments: