Sunday, February 7, 2010

Si us plau

So things have been a little bit slow around here. I've been staying put for the most part because of visitors and lack of funds, but that will change soon enough. I've been using the time to work on personal things- now the only thing left to do is develop a solid study routine. I finally started Spanish classes last week, so I have a little bit more motivation, but I still need to start devoting raw time to reading, writing, and most importantly, one-on-one conversation.

In any case, I have been a bit more active on my bike lately, even though its been breaking down on me because I haven't been maintaining it. Last weekend I had to hitchhike back to Girona from about 15km out because my tire finally gave and I neglected to bring any tools or spares with me. Nonetheless it turned out to be a fun experience and offered me a good opportunity to make nice with some locals. This weekend I took my camera with me because during my bike rides I often pass through some strikingly beautiful landscapes and charmingly quaint Catalan villages (with names I can never pronounce or remember). I can't wait for the warm weather to come- I'm going to be a cycling fiend.


Little farming village nestled between the hills.


My red stallion, about 15 minutes before the brake went out. No worries though, on a fixed gear one doesn't necessarily need a brake.

The road into the mountains west of town.

No comments: